Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant will support the day-to day implementation of CALA procedures, recruitment of volunteers, implement CALA’s accounting procedures, and facilitate communication between CALA volunteer-run programs and CALA staff. The Administrative Assistant will also provide support for the Executive Director. The administrative assistant will be supervised and report back to CALA’s Director of Programs & Operations.
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate CALA’s intern/volunteers programming
- Recruitment, Interview, Acceptance Procedure, Development
- Co-Coordinate orientation and volunteer appreciation events
- Coordinator for CALA’s communication efforts
- Monthly strategic social media plan
- Newsletter coordination
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram post
- Creation of graphics for social media post (Google Slide, Adobe, Canva)
- Executive Director support tasks:
- Coordinate the ED’s calendar and scheduling
- Process ED’s credit card transactions
- Coordinate staff reimbursements & check requests
- Support ED with communications
- Assist ED with one-time projects as needed
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Communicate with CALA Staff, interns and volunteers to solve procedures misunderstanding and/or implementation
- Creates and modifies various documents using Google Drive
- Prepares meeting materials and assists with the development of presentations and graphics
- Records minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Director of Operations
1. Knowledgeable level with excel and google suite files;
2. Experience working with volunteers:
3. Experience and skills with social media and/or marketing;
4. Comfort with technology, including fluency with Microsoft Office and Google products;
5. Punctuality and ability to meet deadlines
6. Preference may be given to applicants who are fluent in Spanish.
CALA is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to working closely and effectively with the communities that we serve. Individuals self-identifying as people of color, LGBTQI, socio- economically diverse, persons with a disability, or as otherwise having backgrounds and experiences underrepresented in the legal profession are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: send a cover letter, resume, references, and a work sample to email@example.com We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Salary range: $28,000-35,000 Based on years of experience - Insurance (Medical & Dental) – 401 K Plan - Annual $400 development stipend