Last updated: July 2014
1. What Types of Information Do We Collect From You?
We may gather two basic types of information through the Site: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
Personally Identifiable Information identifies a person as an individual. You do not have to provide PII to visit or use the Site in general. Rather, we collect PII only when you voluntarily and affirmatively provide it on the Site, such as during an online transaction to make donations, apply for a job or internship, complete surveys, or volunteer pro bono services. Such information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, street address, credit card number and credit card expiration date.
2. How Do We Use The Information That We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII:
- to reply to inquires.
- to fulfill your requests, such as to send newsletters to you.
- to provide information about programs and services.
- to process donations and business requests.
- for internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, record keeping, improving Site functionality, identifying usage trends, and conducting research on our practices.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-PII does not personally identify you. Accordingly, we may use this information and share it with third parties for any purpose. We may combine Non-PII with PII, such as combining your geographic location with your name, but if we do this the information will be treated by us as PII for so long as it is combined. We may aggregate PII such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
3. How Do We Disclose Information?
We may disclose PII as follows:
- to third parties who provide services to us, so that they can provide the services, including without limitation website hosting, internet services, data analysis, processing financial transactions and other services of an administrative or technical nature.
- to comply with legal process (for example, a subpoena), or to respond to requests from governmental and/or public authorities of any country in which we operate.
- to a third party if we reorganize, merge, sell, assign, transfer or dispose of all or any part of our business or assets.
- to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to protect your and our rights, privacy, safety or property, and to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
As noted above, because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII with third parties, for any purpose.
4. Other Important Notices
Third Party Websites. Third parties may collect information about you, through cookies or other technologies, when you link to their websites from the Site or when you contact them through email links on the Site. Your internet or other service provider(s) may also collect information about or submitted by you while you use the Site or other websites on the internet. We do not monitor or control the websites or information collection or privacy practices of these or any other third parties, and is not responsible for their practices or the content of their websites or services or any other conduct in which they engage. We provide links on the Site to third-party websites and email addresses only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply our endorsement of the linked website. You should review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
Security. We seek to use reasonable measures to protect PII under our control; however, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send to us any sensitive information via e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the contact address given below. If you choose to notify us by physical mail this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
Updating PII. If you would like to update PII about you that has been previously provided to us through the Site, you may do so by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared PII about you.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide PII through the Site.
Offline Practices. Please note that this Policy applies solely to our online information-gathering and dissemination practices in connection with the website, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline.
Jurisdictional Issues. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.